WHO IS PAXTEN?

WHO IS PAXTEN?
Paxten Reede Pearson was the daughter of family friends, Blake and Libby. She was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 9 months and lost her battle on January 29, 2012 (just before her 2nd birthday). Her parents started a journal shortly after she was diagnosed. Their posts were raw, honest, and gave very detailed descriptions on Paxten's treatments, struggles, and recovery. Their journal went viral and touched many hearts throughout the midwest. In February, I wanted to do something for the family that not only showed my support for them, but showed support for current, past, and future patients. In March, I decided to sign-up with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and pledged to raise $10,000 in Paxten's memory. (CLICK THE IMAGE TO READ ABOUT PAXTEN'S BATTLE- image courtesy of Mindy Rae Photography)

Monday, April 16, 2012

And the Results are in!

This week has definitely been challenging, not because of my temptations, but because of mother nature. As most of you know the midwest had some drastic weather last week. I was able to get in 2 runs and a long walk in last week, and 2 gym days. Although I wasn't able to get as many workouts in because of the crazy weather, I was still able to lose 3 pounds! I'm sure its mostly related to a diet change, but 3 pounds is still pretty good!

This week my 5k training program gets a little more challenging, which isn't a bad thing :). I'll also be starting the Insanity program tomorrow. My next weigh-in won't be until April 30th, so my goal is to see at least 5 pounds lost with a total of 8 pounds lost for the month of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment