WHO IS PAXTEN?

WHO IS PAXTEN?
Paxten Reede Pearson was the daughter of family friends, Blake and Libby. She was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 9 months and lost her battle on January 29, 2012 (just before her 2nd birthday). Her parents started a journal shortly after she was diagnosed. Their posts were raw, honest, and gave very detailed descriptions on Paxten's treatments, struggles, and recovery. Their journal went viral and touched many hearts throughout the midwest. In February, I wanted to do something for the family that not only showed my support for them, but showed support for current, past, and future patients. In March, I decided to sign-up with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and pledged to raise $10,000 in Paxten's memory. (CLICK THE IMAGE TO READ ABOUT PAXTEN'S BATTLE- image courtesy of Mindy Rae Photography)

Monday, April 9, 2012

Third Times the Charm

Obviously I'm doing a pretty terrible job with keeping up with my weightloss blog and my weightloss in general, but no one ever said it was going to be easy .... right? Well I have come to the realization that I lose motivation quickly. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not seeing results as quickly as I would like. So I asked myself, "What can I do to stay motivate?" Well, here are my solutions, work harder until I see the results and SERIOUSLY watch what I'm eating. It really is pathetic that I don't have a little self control when it comes to sweets and the junk I really don't need.

So, what do I do from here? Since I need to see results to stay motivated, I decided to make a visual aid.

MATERIALS:
  • 2 Vases- I chose straight, circular vases because they are easier to get the rocks out of.
  • Colored Letter Stickers
  • Colored Glass Rocks- Each rock equals .5 lbs

On one vase I put "Pounds to Lose" and I put enough rocks for my weightloss goal.. which is 90 rocks. Do the math lol. I will weigh myself ever 2 weeks on Monday morning. I will round down to the nearest .5 lb so I can stay motivated. I'm also going for a desired pant size for the record which is a size 7.

HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT:

Time to buckle down and get serious. Let's do this!

"Tears and Sweat are both salty, but they render a different result. Tears will get you sympathy; Sweat will get you change."

No comments:

Post a Comment