WHO IS PAXTEN?

WHO IS PAXTEN?
Paxten Reede Pearson was the daughter of family friends, Blake and Libby. She was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 9 months and lost her battle on January 29, 2012 (just before her 2nd birthday). Her parents started a journal shortly after she was diagnosed. Their posts were raw, honest, and gave very detailed descriptions on Paxten's treatments, struggles, and recovery. Their journal went viral and touched many hearts throughout the midwest. In February, I wanted to do something for the family that not only showed my support for them, but showed support for current, past, and future patients. In March, I decided to sign-up with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and pledged to raise $10,000 in Paxten's memory. (CLICK THE IMAGE TO READ ABOUT PAXTEN'S BATTLE- image courtesy of Mindy Rae Photography)

Friday, April 27, 2012

The Training Continues

It has been 11 days since my last weigh-in. I have noticed that since I've changed my eating habits, I'm not as hungry and I get fuller, faster. I have definitely been focusing on consuming protein and carbs, especially since I've been training for a half marathon. I'm extremely anxious to weigh in on the 30th! I'm a little nervous because I haven't noticed much of a change... But it's only week 3! I've decided to post a picture of how my body looks next week.. EEK! Don't judge me okay?

UPDATE ON TRAINING: Well, when I first started training I could barely do a mile (Pathetic!) but now I can run 2.5 miles pretty smoothly. Although, I have noticed cramping in my shin, calves, and the edges of my foot. I've consulted MANY people and it sounds like I need to increase my potassium intake and I need to hydrate more. Starting Sunday I'm going to take a multivitamin to help can the nutrients I need. I have also invested in bananas :). Starting Monday I'm going to incorporate some cross training--Insanity, hot yoga, cycling, and boot camp. I need to increase my muscle strength and my endurance. I was a little discouraged when I first started this training. I kept thinking "I can't do this", "There's no way I'll stay motivated", but honestly, after today, I'm more ready than ever! I can't wait to continue training.

I would like to take a moment to thank Blake and Libby once again for allowing me to run in Paxten's memory. They are definitely my motivation to continue my training and to cross the finish line!

I would highly recommend that if anyone is trying to lose weight, get involved in a fitness challenge! I have noticed I'm more focused and I'm a little more determined since I have a huge goal to reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment